Our firm knows that some recipients of PPP funding, or other CARES Act funding, have not complied with the law. These companies are abusing taxpayer dollars and harming small businesses that really need the limited funding. And they are breaking the law.
Federal laws prohibit retaliation against workers, employees, executives or anyone else who blows the whistle on employers who defraud the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) run by the Small Business Administration (SBA). And some statutes offer monetary rewards for turning in wrongdoers.
- Are you concerned about possible fraud regarding the SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)?
- Are you an executive or employee of a company that misrepresented payroll numbers in order to get a PPP loan?
- Do you have information that your employer has misused an SBA loan or PPP funds? This could include spending more than 40 percent of a PPP loan on non-payroll expenses, or other examples.
- Do you have information or concerns about other, similar practices?
- Have you been warned to stay quiet about such fraudulent practices?
If you’ve witnessed PPP fraud and want to speak up, there are laws that may protect and even reward you. Contact Kitzer Rochel today to learn more.